Wind down from all the Christmas madness and treat yourself this holiday season with a pampering holiday in Belfast.
Oft described as the 'most wonderful time of the year', what's rarely mentioned is that Christmas is also the most exhausting time of year. From work commitments, seasonal parties, visits with family, Christmas shopping, decorating the tree, turkey with all the trimmings and New Year's Eve parties, it's no surprise the holiday season comes and goes in an absolute flurry.
If you find yourself needing a holiday from the holidays, then it's time to press pause and clear your schedule for some good old fashioned pampering. Take a few days to yourself and head to Belfast - you can retreat from the crowds, make the most of winter discounts and just take a deep breath.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then book yourself into our Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast and indulge yourself in spa visits, long country walks and clean, healthy meals to help you relax and get ready to take on 2014 in your stride.
The best of R&R in Belfast
Ready for a little rest and relaxation? Here's our pick of some of the top things to eat, see and do when you're ready to unwind in Belfast…
• Walk the castle grounds - Belfast Castle is the perfect place to take in some country air, and against the backdrop of Cave Hill you can take in the grounds and parkland at your own pace. The sign-posted 'Estate Trail' is a gentle 2 mile walk that will take you though the garden and offer beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. It's the perfect place to clear your head.
• Dine at the Knife and Fork - The plush Knife and Fork restaurant is a great place to indulge your taste buds and fill up on something healthy without compromising taste - their dishes are all prepared using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. And with an impressive wine menu, who's to say you cant indulge yourself too?
• Book a secret spa day - If you're in need of some serious pampering, book yourself in for a spa day at Belfast's Secret Spa. It's an urban retreat in the centre of the city - once you arrive you're in total calm and quiet and can choose from full day or half day spa packages so you can feel relaxed from top to toe.
• Breathe in the sea air at Giant's Causeway - Take a drive outside the city and out to the Giant's Causeway. This popular attraction is worth a visit for the views alone - you can walk among the stones, breathe in the sea air, and glean inspiration from the rugged landscapes - when you're done with all that, there's a visitors centre where you can learn more and even stop for a hot cuppa.
• Eat in a healthy kitchen - Slim's Healthy Kitchen calls itself a healthy and tasty alternative to fast food - this restaurant is all about offering diners healthy, balanced meals that taste great too. It's the perfect place to fill up on the good foods that will help you recharge your batteries after the busy holiday season is well and truly over.
• Have a massage - Release the tension in your shoulders with a relaxing massage from Belfast's Aura Day Spa. Or, if you'd rather, they also offer a range of detox treatments to help you leave feeling shiny, fresh and new. And, it's just down the road from Slim's Healthy Kitchen so you can fill up afterwards before heading back to the hotel for a rest.
What do you do to relax after the holidays?
Book into Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast and relax after the hectic pace of the holidays has passed.