Jutting out on the Adriatic, the seafront city of Split is a favourite of sun-seekers, foodies and history buffs alike. Plan a visit that's as diverse as the town itself by checking off these top 20 'must-do' activities.
Combining ancient history, contemporary gastronomy and picture perfect landscapes, Split is quickly becoming one of Eastern Europe's most popular travel destinations. If you're planning a visit to this coastal city in Croatia, make sure you have enough time to fit in these top 20 'musts'.
1. Achieve total relaxation at the Filomena Spa & Lifestyle Club. The cherry blossom ritual is highly recommended, combining a skin peel, foot rub, and a full body massage.
2. Quite possibly the most opulent building in Split, the Croatian National Theatre dates back to the late 19th century. The diverse programme is sure to offer something of interest to any theatre buff.
3. At Filigran Split, you'll learn about the fine art of traditional Croatian filigree jewellery. Be sure to browse the selection of exquisite handmade items to bring home.
4. With everything from stamps to jewellery, clothing and even furniture, it's virtually impossible to visit Sunday's Green Market - the city's most popular bazaar - and leave without an assortment of Croatian treasures.
5. Visit Anton, the owner of Putalj Winery. He's always happy to greet oenophiles and share his passion for creating what's widely considered the best wine in the region.
6. Football fans will find themselves cheering as loudly as the locals on the sidelines at the impressive Poljud Stadium.
7. Give your legs a workout by ascending St Domnius Cathedral - you'll be rewarded with one of the city's best views.
8. Discover Split's beautiful coastal landscape by hiring a private speedboat and making your way to Hvar Island.
9. Treat yourself to the freshest local produce from Fruit Square, a bustling fruit market in the centre of the city.
10. Try the locally renowned mussels at relaxed but elegant Dalmatian seafood restaurant Sperun.
11. Grgur Ninski is one of the city's more obscure attractions. Touch the big toe of this statue and make a wish.
12. Pursue extreme holiday adventure - try your hand at spear-fishing in the Adriatic Sea
13. Get back to nature on a hike to the Krka Waterfalls in Krka National Park.
14. Unwind after a day of sightseeing with coffee and cake at Creme de la Creme.
15. Tuck into regional family-style home cooking at Kod Joze.
16. For evening drinks, head to St Riva on the seafront, where you can view the promenade from the upper level.
17. Enoteka Terra is an incredible wine boutique selling Dalmatian (and imported) wines, just a stone's throw from our Radisson Blu Resort, Split.
18. Take an olive oil tour to sample the finest locally produced pressings of the region.
19. Join the hunt for wild boar on Mount Mosor.
20. Try 28 delicious artisanal cheeses at Paradox Wine & Cheese Bar.