Simple and regional dishes that highlight the best of local produce! The best thing? They're easy to cook at home!
Ingredients - Serves 4
250 g of Tofu
80 g of Pearl Barley
50 g of King-Oyster Mushroom
A bundle of Watercress
A tuber of Parsnips
A quarter of a red and yellow pepper each
30 ml of extra virgin Olive Oil
2 twigs of Thyme
2 leaves of Curry and Lime each
A bundle of pea sprouts
2-3 green Shiso Leaves
100 ml of Coconut Milk
100 ml Skim Milk
50 ml of Vegetable Stock
½ teaspoon of Agar Agar
Salt & Pepper
A clove of Garlic
A knife tip of Tandoor Masalla
A knife tip of Madrascurry
A knife tip of Cumin
- Thinly slice the tofu and marinate it in a bowl with salt and pepper, coconut milk, madras curry, garlic, cumin and the lemon and soak it overnight.
- Cut the shallots, pepper and tomatoes finely and sauté with the olive oil.
- Add the pearl-barley and tandoor masala. De-glaze it with half the vegetable stock and cook the pearl-barley until tender.
- Peel the parsnips and cook in the vegetable stock until it is soft, season with salt and pepper.
- Finely blend the watercress and also season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix the pre-soaked agar agar with the watercress. Fill in whipped cream dispenser.
- Cut the King-Oyster mushrooms in half and sauté with olive oil and thyme in a pan.
- Blend the parsnips with the milk stock until foamy. After that place the ingredients on top of each other on the plate to create the Mille Feuille.
- Sprinkle the watercress foam on the plate round the Mille Feuille. Pour the foam of parsnips and garnish it with the sprouts.